|1 Adult Ticketshow details +||$700.00 (USD)||Expired|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: December 1, 2021 12:00 AM
Sales End: December 2, 2021 11:59 PM
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
- January 17, 2022 - February 25, 2022
4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Phlebotomy is the practice of drawing blood from patients and taking the blood specimens to the laboratory to prepare for testing. Phlebotomists are skilled health care professionals who have been trained to collect, transport, handle, and process blood and other specimens for laboratory analysis using venipuncture and micro collection techniques.
As a Phlebotomy Technician, you are an important member of the clinical laboratory and healthcare team. The Phlebotomy Technician Program is designed to provide the student with the skills, knowledge, and training to be an effective member of the healthcare team. The curriculum prepares individuals to obtain blood and other specimens for the purpose of laboratory analysis. Students will learn proper techniques for venous and capillary blood specimen collection. Coursework includes proper specimen collection and handling, communication skills, health and safety, anatomy and physiology, and medical terminology.
Phlebotomy Course Outline:
- Introduction to Phlebotomy
- Discuss the role of a Phlebotomy Technician in the health care facilities and various settings
- Identify the Phlebotomy Technicians’ role working as a member of the health care team.
- Define and understand basic medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology
- Specimen transport
- Infection Control and practice Standard Precautions
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Special Procedures
- Demonstrate proper venipuncture techniques
- Capillary Collections
- Phlebotomy techniques
- Learn therapeutic techniques to assist patient/clients/residents and their families in managing anxieties, fears, and behaviors
- Describe the ethical behavior of the Phlebotomy Technician and the law affecting the practice of the Phlebotomy Technicians
- Clinical lab procedures and sterile techniques
- Knowledge of patients/clients/residents’ rights.
Venue: West Campus