|Down Paymentshow details +||$450.00 (USD)||Expired|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: August 19, 2020 6:23 PM
Sales End: September 21, 2020 11:59 PM
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
- September 21, 2020 - October 30, 2020
8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Phlebotomy is the practice of drawing blood from patients and taking the blood specimens to the laboratory to prepare for testing. Phlebotomists are skilled health care professionals who have been trained to collect, transport, handle and process blood and other specimens for laboratory analysis using venipuncture and micro-collection techniques.
Phlebotomy Course Outline:
- Introduction to Phlebotomy
- Discuss the role of a Phlebotomy Technician in the health care facilities and various settings
- Identify the Phlebotomy Technicians’s role working as a member of the health care team.
- Define and understand basic medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology
- Specimen transport
- Infection Control and practice Standard Precautions
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Special Procedures
- Demonstrate proper venipuncture techniques
- Capillary Collections
- Phlebotomy techniques
- Learn therapeutic techniques to assist patient/clients/residents and their families in managing anxieties, fears, and behaviors
- Describe the ethical behavior of the Phlebotomy Technician and the law affecting the practice of the Phlebotomy Technicians
- Clinical lab procedures and sterile techniques
- Knowledge of patients/clients/residents’ rights.
- Demonstrate observational and documenting skills.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Venue: West Campus