Phlebotomy is the practice of drawing blood from patients and taking the blood specimens to the laboratory to prepare for testing. Phlebotomists are skilled health care professionals who have been trained to collect, transport, handle and process blood and other specimens for laboratory analysis using venipuncture and micro-collection techniques.
As a Phlebotomy Technician, you are an important member of the clinical laboratory and healthcare team. The Phlebotomy Technician Program is designed to provide the student with the skills, knowledge, and training to be an effective member of the healthcare team. The curriculum prepares individuals to obtain blood and other specimens for the purpose of laboratory analysis. Students will learn proper technique for venous and capillary blood specimen collection. Coursework includes proper specimen collection and handling, communication skills, health and safety, anatomy and physiology and medical terminology.
Students successfully completing the course may qualify for employment in hospitals, clinics, physician’s offices, and other healthcare settings. In addition, students who are successful will qualify to take the certification exam through NHA.
The Phlebotomy Technician Training program has been approved by Illinois Board of Higher Education and National Healthcareers Association.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS REGARDING PHLEBOTOMY COURSE
- Is the school Approved?…. YES! The Nirvana Institute is approved by the: IBHE, IDPH, NHA and WIA certified.
- How long is the Phlebotomy Technician Training Program? …The Phlebotomy Tech Course is 6weeks/90 Clock Hours in length.
- Are there morning and/or evening classes… Yes,
9:00 am to 1:30 pm (Mon-Thurs) and evening classes
5:00 pm to 9:30 pm (Mon-Thurs).
Clinical on Friday or Saturday
7:00 am to 3:30 pm
8:00 am to 12:30 pm morning
4:00 pm to 8:30 pm evening
Clinical on Friday or Saturdays
7:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- Is there job assistance available after completion of the course…Yes, upon completion of the course we offer job leads when available.
- How much do I need to get started….$400.00 ($150.00 of registration is non-refundable)
- How much is the tuition for the Phlebotomy course….$800.00
- What’s the total cost for the course….$1200.00
- What’s included in the cost of the program…Books, Needle kit, lab coat, and all necessary supplies.
- Can I make payments for my tuition?…Yes, Payment plans are available.
- Can I use Financial Aid to pay for my class…No, unfortunately, Financial Aid cannot be used to towards the course?
- What do I need to bring with me when I come to register…$400.00 ($150.00 of registration is non-refundable) and a state ID OR Drivers License.
- How often do the classes start… A new class starts every 6 Weeks South Campus Dates & West Campus Dates
- When does registration start for each course …registration opens one month prior to the start of each class?