The Basic Nurse Assistants program is required for those seeking an RN or LPN career and is often a prerequisite leading to advancement in several other medical careers.
In today’s hospitals and extended care facilities, a Certified Nursing Assistant [CNA] is an important part of a healthcare team. The need for dependable bedside nursing care in hospitals, home health agencies, and long-term care facilities is as prevalent as ever. Wherever there is a need for personal care, Certified Nursing Assistants are prepared to respond to the call.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS REGARDING CNA COURSE
- Who teaches the CNA Classes…Our CNA Classes are taught by experienced Registered Nurses.
- Is the school accredited? The Nirvana Institute is approved by the: IBHE, IDPH, NHA and WIA certified.
- How long are the CNA Classes…The CNA Class is 25 days!
- Are there morning and/or evening classes… Yes, there are morning classes
9:00 am to 1:30 pm (Mon-Thurs) and evening classes
5:00 pm to 9:30 pm (Mon-Thurs).
Clinical on Friday or Saturday
7:00 am to 3:30 pm
8:00 am to 12:30 pm morning
4:00 pm to 8:30 pm evening
Clinical on Friday or Saturdays
7:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- Is there job assistance available after completion of the course…Yes! We assist our students with job leads.
- How much do I need to get started/registered….$350.00 ($150.00 of registration is non-refundable)
- How much is the tuition for the CNA course….$650.00
- What’s the total cost of the course….$1000.00
- What’s included in the cost of the program…Books and uniforms.
- Can I make payments for my tuition?…Yes, Payment plans are available.
- Can I use Financial Aid to pay for my class…No, unfortunately, Financial Aid cannot be used to towards the course?
- What do I need to bring with me when I come to register…$350.00 and a state ID OR Drivers License. ($150.00 of registration is non-refundable)
- How often do the classes start… A new class starts every month South Campus Dates & West Campus Dates
- When does registration start for each course …registration opens one month prior to the start of each class.
CNA Classes at Nirvana Institute vs Universities or Colleges
(most) Universities (most) Colleges Our CNA Program is approved by IDPH Their CNA Program is approved by IDPH Their CNA Program is approved by IDPH Our CNA Program is approved by IBHE Their CNA Program is approved by IBHE Their CNA Program is approved by IBHE These are the ONLY approvals required
to operate the CNA Program
These are the ONLY approvals required to operate the CNA Program These are the ONLY approvals required to operate the CNA Program Our CNA Program is 25 days! (a total
of 5 weeks from start to completion)
Most Universities CNA Programs are 10 to 16 weeks in length Most Colleges
CNA Programs are 10 to 16 weeks in length
Our CNA Program is $900.00 out of pocket Most Universities CNA Programs start at $1800.00 out of pocket Most Colleges
CNA Programs start at $1600.00 out of pocket
Our CNA Program tuition includes the
cost of your book and uniform
Most Universities CNA Program tuition do NOT include cost of books or uniforms Most Colleges
CNA Program Tuition do NOT include cost of books or uniforms
We do not accept Financial Aid Accepts Financial Aid Accepts Financial Aid
Has it been two years since you have actively worked as a CNA or have taken the CNA course?
Do you need to recertify?
CNA Recertification Course is offered at The Nirvana Institute Inc. for $375.00 by an approved IDPH Evaluator ($150.00 of registration is non-refundable)
We will provide a refresher lecture and the student must be prepared to demonstrate the 21-manual skills, mandated by IDPH.
There is an additional fee of $40.00 if the student has not completed a Background Check for healthcare workers.