The Basic Nurse Assistants program is required for those seeking an RN or LPN career and is often a prerequisite leading to advancement in several other medical careers.
In today’s hospitals and extended care facilities, a Certified Nursing Assistant [CNA] is an important part of a healthcare team. The need for dependable bedside nursing care in hospitals, home health agencies, and long-term care facilities is as prevalent as ever. Wherever there is a need for personal care, Certified Nursing Assistants are prepared to respond to the call.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS REGARDING CNA COURSE
- Who teaches the CNA Classes…Our CNA Classes are taught by experienced Registered Nurses.
- Is the school accredited. The Nirvana Institute is approved by the: IBHE, IDPH,NHA and WIA certified.
- How long are the CNA Classes…The CNA Class is 25 days!
- Are there morning and/or evening classes… Yes, there are morning classes 9:00am to 1:30pm (Mon-Thurs) and evening classes 5:00pm to 9:30pm (Mon-Thurs). With Clinical being on Friday or Saturday 7:00am to 3:30pm.
- Is there job assistance available after completion of the course…Yes! We assist our students with job leads.
- How much do I need to get started/registered….$300.00 (Starting February 2017)
- How much is the tuition for the CNA course….$600.00
- What’s the total cost for the course….$900.00 (Starting February 2017)
- What’s included in the cost of the program…Books and uniforms.
- Can I make payments on my tuition?…Yes, Payment plans are available.
- Can I use Financial Aid to pay for my class…No, unfortunately Financial Aid cannot be used to towards the course.
- What do I need to bring with me when I come to register…$300.00 and a state ID OR Drivers License. (Starting February 2017)
- How often does the classes start… A new class starts every month (see calendar dates here).
- When does registration start for each course …registration opens one month prior to the start of each class.
CNA Classes at Nirvana Institute vs Universities or Colleges
|(most) Universities||(most) Colleges|
|Our CNA Program is approved by IDPH||Their CNA Program is approved by IDPH||Their CNA Program is approved by IDPH|
|Our CNA Program is approved by IBHE||Their CNA Program is approved by IBHE||Their CNA Program is approved by IBHE|
|These are the ONLY approvals required
to operate the CNA Program
|These are the ONLY approvals required to operate the CNA Program||These are the ONLY approvals required to operate the CNA Program|
|Our CNA Program is 25 days! (a total
of 5 weeks from start to completion)
|Most Universities CNA Programs are 10 to 16 weeks in length||Most Colleges
CNA Programs are 10 to 16 weeks in length
|Our CNA Program is $900.00 out of pocket||Most Universities CNA Programs start at $1800.00 out of pocket||Most Colleges
CNA Programs start at $1600.00 out of pocket
|Our CNA Program tuition includes the
cost of your book and uniform
|Most Universities CNA Program tuition do NOT include cost of books or uniforms||Most Colleges
CNA Program Tuition do NOT include cost of books or uniforms
|We do not accept Financial Aid||Accepts Financial Aid||Accepts Financial Aid|
Has it been two years since you have actively worked as a CNA or have taken the CNA course?
Do you need to recertify?
CNA Recertification Course is offered at The Nirvana Institute Inc. for $350.00 by an approved IDPH Evaluator
We will provide a refresher lecture and the student must be prepared to demonstrate the 21-manual skills, mandated by IDPH.
There is an additional fee of $40.00 if the student have not completed a Background Check for healthcare workers.